Some connections blow love right out of the water.
“We think we meet someone with our eyes. But we actually meet them with our soul.”
― Mimi Novic
The reality of love is that it is difficult to articulate, define, measure, and rationalize. You might be able to feel it once it appears in your life, but you might not necessarily be able to put your feelings into words. Love is very subjective because the experience can vary from person to person, but its impact on our lives is astonishing nonetheless. Especially when meeting those profound souls destined to influence our life journey in a meaningful way. That unique person who shows up in your life to blow love right out of the water — a profound soul connection.
A strong soul connection is what we often refer to as a soulmate. We have all encountered that person who feels incredibly familiar without reason or cause, whose presence somehow induces change or ignites dormant feelings and hidden notions — like new ways of thinking and being in the world.
This, from Wikipedia:
“A soulmate is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity. This may involve similarity, love, romance, platonic relationships, comfort, intimacy, sexuality, sexual activity, spirituality, compatibility, and trust.”
All good, but how do we know what’s what in the realm of souls and soulmates, anyway?
We can look toward others to give us a sense of direction — philosophers, quantum physics, ancient seers, light-workers, and the like. People like Tanya Carroll Richardson from Mind, Body, Green Relationships who tells us that there are 12 types of soul connections and provides an in-depth look at their characteristics and how to recognize them:
“A soul connection is when two people feel they are linked on a soul level in a significant or extraordinary way.”
Says Ms. Richardson.
Years of insightful wisdom, research, spiritual teachings, and truth-seeking from great minds culminate to help us better understand ourselves and the world. But the observations of others are a gift that can only take us so far — the rest we have to seek within to discover our truths.
There’s no way around it; we have to do the inner work to get there.
In his book, Life Between Lives, Dr. Michael Newton breaks down soul clusters:
Often, this soul is a deeply bonded partner. This soul can be a spouse, but it could also be a brother, sister, or best friend.
These are the souls within a cluster group that make up our spiritual “family.” These souls are siblings, children, and good friends when participating in our physical life.
These are all the souls that make up secondary groups located around our primary cluster. They often incarnate as parents as well as protagonists to teach us specific lessons. They are, typically, acquaintances in life who are associated with us for a reason.
And then there’s the…
The Profound Soul Connection
It isn’t unusual for us to experience a few great loves during our lifetime. Each relationship offers us unique lessons and different ways to expand our hearts. Studies show that we are likely to fall in love three times during our lives, with the third love arriving unexpectedly to break all preconceived notions we had about our greatest love and what it would look like — a profound soul connection.
This third great love not only teaches us how to feel love but also how to give love — it is the kind of love that keeps knocking on our door regardless of how long it takes us to answer.
- LJ Herman delves deeper into our “three great loves” in the article: We Only Fall in Love with 3 People in Our Lifetime — Each One for a Specific Reason.
Our greatest love is the person who extraordinarily blazes into our lives to rattle us on a deep level. Their presence will always bring profound personal transformation.
Think of how a fire starts: the first stage begins when heat, oxygen, and a fuel source combine and have a chemical reaction that results in fire. It is also known as ignition and can be likened to how a significant soul connection is experienced.
Here are some of the tell-tale signs that you have encountered a profound soul connection:
I Am Searching
This stage is not a desperate pursuit to hunt down a mate, nor is it necessarily a conscious search for “the one.” It is more like a part of you becomes involved in an acute awareness that something is missing or lacking in your life.
During the months before encountering a significant soul connection, you will sense them coming on a subconscious level and perhaps even experience an intense yearning for something unknown to you. You will probably doubt this feeling or be unsure of what to make of it at first, but deep inside, you will find it impossible to shake the feeling that someone profound is about to enter your life.
Oxygen for Incipient Soul Lovers
From the first encounter, you sense an unexplained familiarity about them. Your profound soul person’s essence feels strong, laced with divinity, and remarkably uncanny. Still, you will probably be fast to dismiss the feelings because it goes against everything you have learned about the world. You will tell yourself that you’re unrealistic — you don’t even know this person.
- It is as if their presence has somehow breathed new air into your soul.
- You will find yourself thinking about them for no reason at all and feel utterly perplexed about doing so.
- You will begin to “know” that their appearance in your life was no accident.
- You will eventually acknowledge that someone and something significant has touched your life.
- Your senses ignite.
Kundalini is a Sanskrit word used for thousands of years to describe life force energy or “prana.” Kundalini energy is the Divine Feminine Energy existing in us all — and it is the core of your power.
A significant soul connection will help to activate and awaken your Kundalini energy.
You begin to feel an intense magnetic pull toward them. No matter the circumstances, you feel exceptionally drawn to them and begin to sense when they become focused on you. Even if you don’t know much about them, you feel as if you have a responsibility towards this person.
- You experience a deep “inner-knowing” that this person is the most profound person you have encountered.
- You begin to sense them in soul and experience their presence in a “higher dimension.”
- Your energetic bodies start opening in the other’s presence, and you merge into each other.
- You will feel a significant shift take place within you as your heart chakra opens and mutual love is experienced.
- You begin to sense the connection as a “higher purpose,” as if together you are meant to create something unique to bring into the world.
- Your entire being, mind, body, spirit, and soul becomes encapsulated in “flames” as your Kundalini powerhouse energy is activated.
- You can “see” them in your soul.
- You experience spiritual advancement, which brings you closer to the divine and your spirituality.
Fuel Source and Chemical Reactions
The attraction you feel for a profound soul connection is like no other. The drawing power is something you have never before felt for anyone else and goes way beyond physical attraction. You are attracted to everything about them — their soul, personality, nuances, and habits; and you will need — no, yearn to know them more.
- Their energy is so familiar to you that you feel as if you’ve known them for over a thousand lifetimes.
- Nothing makes more sense to you in your life than this connection — even if it should make no sense at all.
- Everything in your life before their appearance pales in comparison. Nothing feels more real, more authentic.
- They are constantly on your mind, and you can feel their presence, even when they are not physically with you.
- Extraordinary communication: You receive many telepathic messages in the form of signs, thoughts, songs, which only the two of you will know. It will feel strange and magical.
- You can somehow relate to them from a timeless, wordless dimension of pure being.
- You begin to experience unusual signs and synchronicities from the universe.
- You feel as if they are inside you or close to you even when you are far apart.
- You sense a deep purity and sacredness in the connection.
- Deep insecurities start rushing to the surface, and you feel excruciatingly vulnerable and tearful.
- You feel as if you can tell them anything.
- A third energetic “God-filled” light-body emerges between the two of you.
- You experience the deepest and purest love that you never knew was possible.
- The connection transcends “I love you” and feels more like:
“Together, we are love.”
The Profound Soul Connection blows love right out of the water.
Thanks for your time!